About Selah

This blog began as a 7-day meditation on the characteristics of God. Now, the quest continues.

My art was created during moments of inspiration with Him. Please click on an image to enlarge.

If you like music, click on my playlist.


Saturday, May 19, 2012

His Kiss

His Fragrance

It's a deliriously delicious scent.  I associate it with honeysuckle and cinnamon.  It comes from no obvious origin, and it leaves without notice.  At first it subtly woos me, this gentle flirtation;  then consumes me.  I close my eyes.  I swoon.

"Is it you Lord?" I ask.  His silence renders my suspicion correct.  Anything more would interrupt this generous gift to my senses.  I breathe deeply, until only a faint remnant remains of His perfume.

Thank you my beloved.  You are always with me, and this moment of sensing Your presence has filled me once again.  How I cherish the kiss of Your fragrance.


Song of Songs 1:3
Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, this is so beautiful. I can see that our souls are longing for the same things - that fragrant touch, His gentle caress, His presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marcia. I appreciate your blog messages so much too!

    ReplyDelete